Quality Assurance, Yeovil, £23,000
The purpose of this job
As a Quality Assurance Officer, you will work within a dynamic team, ensuring that food products meet standards set by both the company and regulatory authorities.
- QAS creation and updates.
- Paperwork completion and supervision.
- Scales calibration.
- Metal Detector checks.
- Product quality checks.
- Collection of samples for quality control and shelf life.
- Organoleptic testing, including Shelf Life.
- Enforce GMP, H&S and Hygiene practices across production areas.
- Assist in the enforcement of Food Safety Culture.
- Perform designated internal audits.
- Perform Machine inspections after cleaning, repairs and PPM.
- Report weekly to the technical manager data collected.
- ATP, Environmental and Ph testing performance might be required.
- Temperature control checks.
You will have:
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous experience working in the food industry, with a particular emphasis on supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of food quality and safety standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of HACCP, BRC, H&S & GMP.
- Food Safety Supervision Training preferable.
- Able to perform various specified duties to a high standard.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, good attention to detail and logical thinking.
- Flexible and adaptable with a supportive attitude.
- Food qualification or experience desirable.
Your new employer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful food business which is dedicated to producing innovative, high-quality products which are always at the forefront of market trends. The business is highly adaptable to the needs of their customers and are also dedicated to the ongoing progression of their staff.
As well as a competitive basic salary, you will be given the opportunity to develop your expertise and knowledge of Quality Assurance, within a dynamic, innovative business.
If this role is for you
Call me, Charlie, or my colleague Harriet, on 01202 680 311 for more information about this Quality Assurance vacancy, or apply to this advert.