Payroll Specialist, £30,000, Southampton (initially home-based)
Whilst we are still working on this vacancy for our client there are likely to be disruptions during the selection process because of the government’s lockdown related to the Coronavirus. Whilst my colleagues and I at Rubicon are all working from home, the situation remains quite fluid and we are receiving daily notifications from clients regarding their own working statuses, as you can imagine. Therefore, please bear with us throughout the recruiting process – from our response to your interest in this advertised vacancy, through to the interviewing stages right up to the offer and potential start. Here’s more about this particular role…
In this vital Payroll Specialist role you’ll maintain accurate payroll for this successful multi-site luxury manufacturing business. You’ll be fully accountable for processing and developing the payroll function for 300 employees and you’ll ensure compliance with payroll legislation.
As well as owning the administrative process for all aspects of payroll, your specific responsibilities as Payroll Specialist will include:
- Processing weekly/monthly/year end payroll for all employees and allocating P60’s
- Processing new starters and leavers, including holiday allowance adjustments
- Ensuring accurate deductions are made for factors including student loans and pensions
- Providing excellent customer service to your colleagues and supporting with queries
- You’ll have solid experience in payroll
- You’ll have used Sage Line 50 & SAGE Payroll or similar
- You’ll be intermediate level in Excel and you’ll have a keen eye for detail
- You’ll be confident communicating via phone
- You’ll enjoy a hands-on, busy working environment
Employing 300 staff across multiple locations, Rubicon Recruitment’s client has built an enviable reputation as being an expert in the manufacture of a luxury product. The business is has been operating since the 1970s and has a turnover of £25 million. This Payroll Specialist position is critical and will provide the successful candidate with long-term career development within a strong and growing business.
As Payroll Specialist you’ll initially work from home with the support of an experienced HR team. You’ll enjoy opportunities to progress and you’ll be supported to develop in your role.
Additional benefits include 25 days holiday (+BHs), free onsite parking, 5% employer contribution pension and a cycle to work scheme
Call Jess or Amber, Rubicon Recruitment’s specialist permanent recruiters, on 01202 680311 for more information on this permanent Payroll Specialist vacancy or apply to this advert directly.