Engineering and Operations Manager, £50,000, Blandford
As the Engineering and Operations Manager for a unique, fast growing technology company, you’ll play an important role in the business by providing hands-on operational management and strategic direction to the Civil & Engineering Team.
As Engineering and Operations Manager you’ll:
- Deal with all HR and development across the team; conducting annual appraisals, regular 121s, hiring, performance management, workforce planning and training matrix
- Schedule and plan of work & labour, working closely with the project planning team
- Develop, implement and improve process and systems
- Oversee procurement of the department – planning and forecasting, supplier relationship management and cost control
- Be responsible for fleet management including preventative maintenance
- Have solid operational leadership experience
- Be experienced working with heavy duty machinery, preferably drills and ploughs
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced SME
- Have knowledge and experience within the Agricultural Industry/interest in the countryside is highly desirable
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Have a can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and a natural problem-solving ability
This organisation has ambitious growth objectives and has experienced double digit growth over the last 3 years. Having welcomed over twenty new members to the team this year, they continue to expand. Based in rural Dorset, it is vital that, as the successful Engineering and Operations Manager, you have an appreciation for the countryside and be excited about working in a stunning remote location.
This business is naturally entrepreneurial and is on track to accelerate their growth over the coming years. The new Engineering and Operations Manager is considered an integral player within the senior management team. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, with a real family feel. Financial remuneration and reward will be commensurate with the level of seniority for this role, as will the opportunity to progress as the Engineering and Operations expert.
We are working as the exclusive recruitment consultancy on this Engineering and Operations Manager vacancy and have committed to submit suitable candidates to our client by Wednesday 29th July, therefore, reply quickly to this advert or call Jess or Amber to discuss the role further.