2nd Line Support Engineer £28,000 Poole
The purpose of this job
As a 2nd Line Support Engineer you will provide a professional support service to the company’s clients by maintaining key infrastructure support methodologies and checking support processes are dealt with appropriately. Using management software and tools you will focus on investigating issues, collecting performance statistics and creating reports. You will be working with end users, colleagues and liaising with suppliers.
- As a 2nd Line Support Engineer your primary objective is to manage and resolve 1st and 2nd line support calls generated from the company’s customer base and projects team
- Internal project work and occasional on-site support visits
- Investigation of a broad range of issues and liaising with the infrastructure support desk
- Provision of advice and guidance to colleagues
- Monitoring the progress of requests for support.
- As a 2nd Line Support Engineer have a couple of years IT infrastructure experience, and be good at it
- Be commercially aware
- Understand business applications and technical aspects of hardware and software environments
- Be a problem solver with troubleshooting skills
- Be well organised, multi-tasking with the ability to prioritise.
Your new employer
A well-established Poole based IT support company helping a large blue-chip client base reach their potential through IT solutions.
Established 25 years ago this business delivers a premium, cost-effective, service nationally.
This trusted and respected, award winning, company employs 40 staff with an annual turnover of circa £5 million.
The support department has a leading role within the business and as a 2nd Line Support Engineer you will play an important role in the company’s continuing growth.
As well as a competitive basic salary, a salary review when your probation is passed, 25 days holiday (+BHs), a great team environment, modern offices and free parking you’ll also benefit from a supportive culture investing in your career progression.
If this role is for you
Call Dan, or my colleague Harley, Rubicon Recruitment’s specialist IT Headhunting team, on 01202 680 311 for more information about this vacancy, exclusively advertised through us, or apply to this advert directly.