CHRIS CROFT – NEGOTIATION SKILLS
Do you want to learn new negotiation skills and techniques, gain confidence in handling difficult conflicts and achieve measurably better deals?
Negotiation and influencing are essential skills critical for business and personal success. However, in many ways these skills are often treated as ‘assumed life skills’ that will be picked up along the way as people progress in their career.
This course will help you discover win/win situations which, by using a structured approach, will help you gain the confidence to achieve the results you desire.
Participants have found this course helpful both at work and in their private lives, saving thousands of pounds on houses, cars and procurement for their employers.
SUBJECT AREAS COVERED
- Negotiating is a structured process
- The preamble, what to say, what to avoid saying and what tofind out
- Opening offers – how to pitch them and justify them
- How to remain assertive when negotiating
- Is it OK to lie
- Bargaining techniques like the Vice, the Salami, and theReluctant Seller
- How to use and counter; the Flinch, Higher authority, Knockingthe Product, the Nibble, and the Quivering Pen
- Closing – ensuring that agreements are water-tight
- How to put the theory into practice in a low-risk way.