CORONAVIRUS NEWS & UPDATES ...
Information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is all over the news and social media so you’re probably as clued up on all this as we are. However, as a business in contact with people and businesses all the time we’re taking several steps to make sure we’re communicating effectively, staying safe and minimising the risk of any of our staff contracting the virus or passing it on.
Here in Dorset we’re maintaining working hours and practices as usual from our home office setups and we’re busy filling our clients’ Temp assignments and permanent vacancies and based on the government’s most recent advice to help prevent the spread of the virus we’ve already put several measures in place.
THE SPECIFIC STEPS WE'VE TAKEN INCLUDE:
- Closing both our Poole and Bournemouth Recruitment Centres in accordance with the government’s lockdown instructions
- Enabling our permanent team of 40 to continue working remotely from home with the technology in place to continue registering candidates, filling Temp assignments and liaise with clients to meet their needs
- Emailing every Contractor and Temp who’s worked for us since 1st October, offering advice and instruction
- Called and spoken with every Contractor and Temp who’s been on holiday recently and/or has holiday booked
- Stopped direct physical contact with colleagues, visitors, candidates, contractors and Temps
- Incorporated government and World Health Organisation information into relevant written external communications
- Increasingly talking with candidates, contractors and Temps, asking them to verify that they’re not exposing themselves to the virus, directly or indirectly
- Talking with clients to advise what we’re doing
- Reducing the number of face to face meetings and replacing these with Skype interviews
- Putting in place technological changes that will enable our Recruiters, Headhunters, Resourcers and support staff to work from home
- Keeping updated through regular monitoring of reputable information sources
As a company, we’ve taken these steps to be cautious and responsible, intending to keep the business operating with minimal changes.
We have found the following sources of information useful re COVID-19:
CDC (Centres for Disease Control and Prevention – link
We’ve created this page to provide you, our candidates & clients, regular updates on the Coronavirus and how Rubicon are dealing with the situation.