Are you under pressure to cut costs, implement projects quickly, and deliver high quality results? Would you like your projects to complete on time and within budget? This course, on Project Management, covers all the main techniques in a clear and structured way; you will learn how appropriate planning and tighter control enables projects to be completed on time and within budget. The objective of this course is to show how almost everything you do in the workplace is a project, and that projects are worth managing properly. Discover that planning is quick, easy and worth doing and become confident in using PERT charts, Gantt charts and cost monitoring. The best practice techniques that are covered are all related to practical examples so that their value can be clearly seen. Every participant receives a free book as well as comprehensive notes.
SUBJECT AREAS COVERED
- Why projects fail
- Create a specification of the job before you start
- Finding the key driver – is it price, quality or time
- Structuring the tasks to be done
- Network charts, CPM, PERT PRINCE2 – what is it and what are it’s pros and cons
- Activity on node or on arrow
- Critical paths and why they simplify management
- Float and how to use it
- Risk analysis
- Monitoring and controlling project progress using Gantt charts
- Predicting final cost at completion
- Learning from the past
Cost: Rates available on request. If you are a client of Rubicon, you will receive a discount.